We recently put a down payment on a new 2015 Casita Travel Trailer; we are having it delivered from Rice, Texas at the end of October, 2014.
While we excitedly wait for its arrival, I thought I’d write a list of our top ten reasons we’re joining the RV world and buying a Casita travel trailer!
Although there are many more, these are our biggies.
- We’re buying a travel trailer to see and experience more of the U.S.A. Buying a Casita travel trailer is a way to broaden our shared love of travel and exploration. We are ready to take our travel hobby to the next level.
- It will extend trip lengths when traveling. Spending only one night at the beach because a hotel room per night is $359.00 is now a thing of the past for us*!
- Pets can tag along! Our beloved pets are part of our family. We don’t like leaving them behind, and now we won’t have to.
- It’s an opportunity to learn, to grow, and to be challenged. We’ll be trying new things. This is a good thing to do throughout life every now and again.
- A travel trailer will offer more freedom and flexibility. Neither Mike nor I commute into work. We are at home together most of the time during the week. Mike is an IT guy; all he requires is a phone and an internet connection to keep up with his work duties. Therefore, if things go well, we might be able to stay on the road longer with a travel trailer—an exciting future prospect for us!
- Deeper connection. Mike and I will have more bonding experiences during our travels together. Exploration is something we can share that we both love to do which in turn, helps us stay healthy in our relationship.
- New Friendships. Owning a Casita will (hopefully) introduce us to new friends and acquaintances who share our hobby. One can never have enough friends!
- The size and functionality of this trailer is ideal for a small family. The Casita travel trailer is small and lightweight enough that we can reasonably pull it with a pickup truck, it can fit into most spaces, and it is suitable as a second home for the two of us and our pets while on the road.
- Casita travel trailers are made out of fiberglass. Fiberglass is durable and leak resistant.
- Casita owners and expert RV reviewers rate the Casita travel trailer highly. There seems to be a lot of fans of the Casita travel trailer–and not a lot of complaints and regrets being shared online; this tells us something about the quality of these trailers.
Do you agree with our reasons? Do you have any to add? Do you have any questions about the Casita? I would be happy to answer your questions. Please feel free to add your comments.
We greatly appreciate new readers! 🙂
Connect with Highway to Hoeftland via Social Media
*Updated note/ 04-17-15:
We’ve now had our Casita trailer for over six months and although we love it, we realized we still like going on trips in hotel rooms sometimes too. Therefore, if you read more of this blog, you’ll see that sometimes we post articles about traveling in our Casita and occasionally we’ll write about flying and staying in hotels. Just a FYI about what to expect! As always, questions and comments are welcome.