Below are 13 practices that help keep RVs clean when living and traveling with cats.
1) Lint rollers work wonders! Use them on furniture, bedding, throw pillows, and clothes.
2) Keep lots of extra bags of litter on hand (we store extra back-up bags of litter in our truck). Do not skimp on litter because otherwise it will get messy and smelly.
3) Use cat litter bag liners, or frequently clean out the cat litter pan with soap and water.
4) Keep the cat litter pan cleaner than you would at home. Anytime the cats use the litter pan, we try to remove the waste as soon as possible. Our Casita travel trailer (A.K.A “CATsita”) is too small to let waste stay in the litter pan for too long.
5) Use wipes to clean counters and floors every day. It’s a quick and easy cleaning method.
6) A small dust pan with a brush attached can help keep dust off floors.
7) Brush your cats with a kitty brush often to remove excess fur.
8) Keep senior cats’ paws and fur clean by occasionally wiping them down with pet wipes or a damp dishcloth (one of our older cats has stopped bathing herself because she’s old and sick).
9) Keep them happier in the RV by offering treats such as cat sip, dried chicken and wet food.
10) Keep fresh water and food out for them at all times.
11) Keep the interior temperature comfortable. We don’t allow our RV to get hotter than 80 degrees and we usually keep it cooler than that.
12) Open all the RV blinds when possible because the cats appreciate the beautiful scenery and nature too!
13) Take a deep breath and realize pets can be messy! 😉
-Do you have any tips to add?